cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco, Cat 3850 UPS simulated sine wave

NetworKing16
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at UPS units for some of our IDF closets, I like the more efficient simulated sine wave version UPs, but seems like they occasionally do have issue with some devices. I do not see why it would matter in most cases though because the PSU takes the input and converts it to DC anyhow so to me it would seem like you could throw 110V DC into the PSU and it would work fine. 

Anyone dealt with this, or does Cisco specify anything like this. I looked online and do not find much about Cisco and simulated sine wave UPS or even a recommended UPS type. 

1 Reply 1

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

May be you better stick to the recommendations within the Cisco data sheets for the input to your 3850s PSU.

You will need to know which PSU you are using and follow the limits set here:-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/hardware/installation/guide/b_c3850_hig/b_c3850_hig_appendix_0111.html#reference_B85989CD06DE499BBCAD267B631C73E7

You will invalidate any warranty if you don't stick to the datasheet facts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card