cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 3750 series PoE-48

ChrisDunn9131
Level 1
Level 1

My company just recently built a new building and wired all of the offices with Ethernet cat6. We purchased a refurbished WS-C3750-48PS-S-N switch from NEWEGG. We installed it in a rack, plugged everything in...doesn't work .

I know nothing about it or how to get it running. Can someone help? I was told that it had been reset to factory settings prior to shipping to me. 

Please help. 

5 Replies 5

Hello

@ChrisDunn9131 wrote:

We purchased a refurbished WS-C3750-48PS-S-N switch from NEWEGG. We installed it in a rack, plugged everything in...doesn't work .

I was told that it had been reset to factory settings prior to shipping to me. 

Has this switch be configured for your network, it we need to have been?
Can you post the configuration of the switch, if you dont know how to do that please lets us know?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Right now the switch is sitting on my desk with a blinking SYS light. I have it connected to my laptop from the console port, via an ethernet cable.

We do not have a network yet. ISP is here today to install the internet.

Hello

I think we need to established where in your network this switch will be located, And how will it be connected?

1) Directly to a ISP modem and will that modem be providing your network translation
2) Or are you connecting the switch to an internal router/fw that connects to the isp modem.
3) how many users will be on this network , wil you be ahving multiple internal subnets?

Can you elaborate on the design for this new building/site, maybe provide a simple topology diagram?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

1. ISP cable modem connected
  2. Ethernet from modem directly to CONSOLE port on switch. 
  3. From the switch, I will be going to 48 port punch down panel.
  4. I hope to use one of the unused ports on the switch (37-48), to connect the wifi router.

• The building has 5 offices and 1 large room with 5-6 cat6 keystone wall plates in each office/room. 

This need to connect one of port connected to uplink - not to console.

1. Ethernet from modem directly to CONSOLE port on switch. 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card