Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I need to aggregate traffic received from 8 ports to be forwarded to 1 port. The traffic from each port is not to be forwarded to the others port.With all ports to a vlan, the problem is that each port forward to all other ports (we use L2 switchi...

8port_to_1_cisco.png
Toug31 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I was recently asked to trunk a VLAN across two trunk interfaces that use sub-interfaces. My question is, how can I trunk VLANs only without having to add an IP and the VLAN to trunk across the sub-interfaces. See example below. Current setup ...

NewComer by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

As per my understanding ARP works on Layer3 and switch only check layer2 header to process packets.I am wondering if there is case in which there is only pure L2 environment, how communication will happen between two PC without ARP. PC1 10.10.10.10/2...

Hi all, I am attempting to connect 3 routers to a main router as part of a larger setup.the relevant IP addressing table is :Router1 (on F0/0/1) 192.168.3.2/26Router2 (on F0/0/2  192.168.3.66/26Router3 (on F0/0/3) 192.168.3.130/26Main Router F0/0/1 -...

Darrinmc by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,  I'm looking to limit the bandwidth that is used by particular VLAN in my network. This VLan is a straight shot out to the internet and is used by external contractors. It shares the company internet pipe so is in effect a guest network ( althoug...

vin2 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I’m trying to connect to the SFP+ with a 1G link. I’m using two identical Finisar FTLF8524P2BNV-EC SFP+ modules and a short optical cable. First, I connected the switch port to my Server and got no link (not even LEDs blinking on either side). Then I...

tehuti2016 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Just posting in case someone somewhere may have seen this before. We've gone through two WS-C3650-48TQ switches that randomly stop responding to administrative commands. For example, I will shut a port, the switch shows the switchport administrativel...