Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco catalyst 3750-X roll staking upgrade

patcbr600
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have read that the 3750-X supports upgrading with minimal traffic lost with RSU feature, on the configuration guide the scnario is with the end user connected to the 3750-X stack with LACP and the uplinks to the network running STP, one uplink is forwarding and the other is blocked. I have the same scenario but for the network uplink i also have LACP. When i tried to configured the RU stanby one of the uplink LACP the switch gives an error. Can any one tell me if the RSU is suported with the network uplink running LACP ?

Thanks

-----------------------------    1-Stck-3750-X  ----------------------------

LACP-HOST                                                                                            LACP- Network Uplinks

-----------------------------    2-Stck-3750-X  ----------------------------

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

For RSU to work, you need to have 12.2(58)SE or later IOS software with IP Base or IP Services feature set.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps10745/product_bulletin_c25-658743_ps7078_Products_Bulletin.html

HTH

Hi,

I have 15.01SE on the 3750-X, but on the newor topology i dont have spanning-tree, and the command ru standby under the interface does not work.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card