Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco console via USB not recognised

PD252
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently have an issue with connecting to a Cisco IE3010 through its USB console port with Putty.

A bit of background info.

I have 2x Cisco IE 3010 switches both of which have zero configuration. I can connect successfully through the console port on one of the switches however with exactly the same setup I can't with the other. From the success of connecting to one of the switches I believe we can rule out all the standard Putty configuration, Cisco USB driver and cable questions.  

I have looked at the Windows device manager when I have connected to both switches. The successfully connected switch has an COM3 entry for the Cisco USB driver as expected however when the problematic switch is connected the same entry in the device manager does not appear suggesting that there is no active connection between the laptop and the switch. 

I have tried booting and rebooting of both switches and laptop with no difference in outcome. I have also tried switching the flash drives this had zero effect also.

Reviewing the LEDs of both switches doesn't appear to show any difference during the boot phase and later when the switches are fully powered up.

If anyone has any suggestion it would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since it was working as mentioned, i only thing of Baud Rate, you need to do some dirty work changing from right 9600 and 115K see any of the baudrate matches to get access to switch.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card