cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO IE 2000 and EOLs

nappanwo1
Level 1
Level 1

Have had plans to purchase some more IE 2000s and trying to determine which products this EOL notice applies to:

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Industrial Ethernet 2000 IP67 Series Switches 

specifically looking at the IE-2000-8TC-G-B and IE-2000-16TC-B. Does this EOL notice apply to these switches or will these continue to be sold for the foreseeable future? I see there is also IE-2000U- and IE-2000-xT67 models. Is the replacement model, IE-3400H, the suggested replacement for all IE 2000 switches?

Basic question I know but I appreciate the guidance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes all the model of IE2K applies. as per the document.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes all the model of IE2K applies. as per the document.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

jorge-medina
Level 1
Level 1

The former accepted solution dated 12-15-2020 06:51 AM is missing some factors. There are two different components that are being retired, one is the hardware in which case only the IP67 models are affected, these are the external switches white in color. The second component is the software which only version 15.2(7)E is facing an EOL timestamp.

For the hardware:                                                                                                                                                                      ONLY the following models are affected: IE-2000-8T67-B, IE-2000-16T67-B, IE-2000-24T67-B - an keep in mind that the last day of HARDWARE support for the IP67 models is March 31, 2026. The software maintenance is not supported after March 5, 2022 but if you are experienced enough with cisco and know how to backup your configurations and the current image and then know how to recover if you really mess up, then you can still upgrade the IOS if it's listed under the model you are upgrading to, just make sure you have backups before anything else, remember that cisco is not responsible for your decisions to venture. I am not recommending either. I have learned the hard way, and it was very difficult and time consuming so you ought to know your stuff.

Check out the article in the link below and find the Product part numbers and read carefully on the side of the words Table 2 which clearly states the affected part numbers, and just like in my case, it can help you understand the list clearly:                                      https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/industrial-ethernet-2000-series-switches/eos-eol-notice-c51-744202.html

On the Software:

Only version 15.2(7) E is facing EOL, so any products that have been sold with this version as the default IOS, then you have to upgrade it to whatever the latest version is as specified in the article below. So this one is easy to resolve, just upgrade the IOS.

Visit the article below and read through the paragraph titled Product migration options, that will answer your questions in regards to the software being EOL and not the other IE-2000 models. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/industrial-ethernet-5000-series-switches/ios-release-15-2-7e-industrial-iot-switches-eol.html

Just to reiterate; hardware models not affected or at least with no EOL release that has been posted on them (and if you find it post it):

IE-2000-4T, IE-2000-4T-G, IE-2000-4TS, IE-2000-4TS-G, IE-2000-4S-TS-G, IE-2000-8TC, IE-2000-8TC-G, IE-2000-8TC-G-E, IE-2000-8TC-G-N, IE-2000-16PTC-G, IE-2000-16TC, IE-2000-16TC-G, IE-2000-16TC-G-E, IE-2000-16TC-G-N, IE-2000-16TC-G-X

Good luck!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card