Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ie4000 and Switch Ruggedcom RS900GNC / Spanning Tree BLK port

Cconchap
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am adding a cisco IE4000 switch to a Ruggedcom switch topology, the goal is to change all ruggedcom to cisco in the short term.
The problem occurs when I replace the first switch, when connecting the Cisco switch to a Ruggedcom switch, the link between them remains in BLK and it never changes state.

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-18 at 5.31.06 PM.jpeg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I found the problem, I found that even though both switches have RPVST apparently it is not compliant, change only the cisco to PVST and and kept the ruggedcom in RPVST and the problem was solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

It appears that the new Cisco switch is detecting a loop and that is why the link is being blocked? Do you have any other connections to the Cisco switch?

HTH

Hi,

I have others connections on the cisco switch, but I also tried using only that connection and the behavior is the same, the interface continues in BLK

Hello,

I found the problem, I found that even though both switches have RPVST apparently it is not compliant, change only the cisco to PVST and and kept the ruggedcom in RPVST and the problem was solved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: