Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IOS versions - download not available / missing

i.va
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am currently doing an audit at a customer site, i.e. am checking if any IOS upgrades are needed. I have found that alot of IOS versions that the customer is running are not available in the Cisco Software Download area anymore. Taking IOS 12.2(44)SE2 for the 3560 for example: some earlier and later versions are available as downloads, but this exact version is not. It also is not listed as a deferred version.

What is Cisco telling us with this exactly? Are these "missing" versions not supported anymore i.e. is an upgrade to a supported version adviseable? Cannot find exact info on this anywhere.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

michelpe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco updates Cisco IOS Software Center on an ongoing basis to remove  obsolete releases, making it easier for customers to find the right  software releases with the latest functionality and most recent fixes.  Removed releases are considered 'retired' from active download but may  still be supported.  Customers should consult applicable Cisco IOS  Software product bulletins and Deferral Advisories for support status on  individual releases.  The following table lists retired Cisco IOS  Software releases and additional releases that are scheduled for  retirement in the near future.  Customers can, and are recommended to,  maintain a library (archive) of their Cisco IOS Software. In most cases,  customers will not need to migrate from their current releases.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/SPRIT/swretirement/IOSRetirementTable.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

michelpe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco updates Cisco IOS Software Center on an ongoing basis to remove  obsolete releases, making it easier for customers to find the right  software releases with the latest functionality and most recent fixes.  Removed releases are considered 'retired' from active download but may  still be supported.  Customers should consult applicable Cisco IOS  Software product bulletins and Deferral Advisories for support status on  individual releases.  The following table lists retired Cisco IOS  Software releases and additional releases that are scheduled for  retirement in the near future.  Customers can, and are recommended to,  maintain a library (archive) of their Cisco IOS Software. In most cases,  customers will not need to migrate from their current releases.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/SPRIT/swretirement/IOSRetirementTable.html

Thank you for the feedback and useful link!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: