Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR 1100 WLAN not working with trunking

Hevos93
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am having issues assigning VLANs to WLANs in the integrated WLC in my cisco isr 1100.

The issue is that when i configure the WLAN interfaces with VLANS and trunking those VLANs into the Wireless interface on the router, the router ends up flashing green, amber and red in a repeating cycle, and thus not broadcasting the SSIDs and not working.

My configuration so far:

ROUTER

Hevos93_2-1716754695430.png

WLC

Hevos93_1-1716754615531.png

I suspect i am doing something wrong regarding the trunking configuration, because with an access port it worked (only on that vlan naturally).

Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs on the device when configuring the trunk settings ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for your reply, i am new to cisco equipment, so how do i do that?

- Basic command for examining the logs should be : # show logging

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you, on the WLC i get errors of it not finding the NTP servers, which makes sense as i mentioned in my response to balaji.bandi, the WLC does not have internet access at the moment. If you look in that response you will see that i do not have any routes configured on the WLC.

The log from the router does not seem to showing any errors, but i included it here anywayy

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what IOS Xe running on this device ?

check the LED status and configuration guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1100/software/configuration/xe-16-7/cisco_1100_series_swcfg_xe_16_7_x/cisco_1100_series_swcfg_chapter_01010.html#concept_blw_d2p_1bb

as asked other post - how is this is connected in the network like switch - how is the configuraiton.

can you able to post show run from the router and also switch you configured ? what mode AP running ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Version:

ei-gw>show version
Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.07.01
Cisco IOS Software [Fuji], ISR Software (ARMV8EB_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9_IAS-M), Version 16.7.1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc6)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2017 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Mon 20-Nov-17 15:46 by mcpre

When i looked through the documentation that you sent over it is cycling through Green, Red, and Amber. That means that "Discovery/join process is in progress.".

The router, switch, WLC and AP is integrated into this one device. The running config from both of them is attached here.

After reading through them and digging on the WLC i realized that i can not ping external addresses on the WLC, i do not know if that is supposed to happen. But if not, i suspect that there is a lack of routes.

Hevos93_0-1716819787681.png

Just to be clear - you do not have any WLC in the network, and you like Cisco Router Act as WLC and AP also for the clients ? is this correct.

Then you need to run Mobility express to act as WLC and AP. check the guide again what i have posted before.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ah i see, i will check the guide! Thank you!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card