Cisco ISR 881-SEC-K9 vs Cisco 891-K9 + 2 ISPs redundancy

VictorCL59
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have main office of 70 people.

Also I have 2 redundant ISP:

One give me 20 mbit/s

Other only 2 mbit/s and it is my backup ISP.

I have some resources in data center and I need a IPSec VPN to it and some other location.

I suppose there will be up to 3-5 IPSec tunnels.

I choose Cisco ISR 881-SEC-K9 with one wan port and 4 LAN switch.

But know I’m looking for Cisco 891-K9.

There is no security bundle for it. But in cisco.com this router is marked Cisco 891-K9 Security router. Does it support security features like VPNs, ZBF, IOS Firewall, NBAR and IP SLA for ISP redundancy?

Also if my boss will choose chipper Cisco router 881-SEC-K9. Will I be able to organize 2 ISP redundancy on 4 LAN switch port inside VLAN interfaces because there is only one WAN port?

Please help.

2 Replies 2

Please find omparision

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9556/index.html

Secure Services and Mobility for Small Offices and Teleworker

The 10/100-Mbps fast Ethernet models of the Cisco 881 Integrated Services Routers combine Internet access, security and wireless services onto a single, secure device. This router offers broadband speeds and simplified management to small businesses, and enterprise small branch and teleworkers.

The Cisco 880 Series provides:

• Firewall
  • Content filtering
  • VPNs, and WLANs, at broadband speeds to small offices
  • Easy deployment
  • Centralized management features

Available options on the Cisco 881 Integrated Services Router include:

• Survivable Remote Site Telephony for teleworker and small branch voice
  • Built-in advanced security, including intrusion prevention, GET VPN, dynamic multipoint VPN (DMVPN) for up to 20 site-to-site VPN tunnels
  • Cisco Configuration Professional for simplified management
  • WAN connection with multiple access options
  • Business continuity with primary and backup connections on the Cisco 880 router, including third-generation wireless and ISDN

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10203/index.html

Cisco 890 Series Integrated Services Routers are designed to deliver secure broadband, Metro Ethernet, wireless LAN connectivity, and business continuity for enterprise small branch offices. These fixed-configuration routers also come with powerful management tools, such as the web-based Cisco Configuration Professional, which simplifies setup and deployment. The Cisco 892 model includes an integrated ISDN BRI S/T interface.

Cisco 892 Series Integrated Services Routers offer:

• High performance for secure broadband and Metro Ethernet access
  • Business continuity and WAN diversity with redundant WAN links (Fast Ethernet and ISDN Basic Rate Interface (BRI) )
  • Secure 802.11a/g/n access point (optional), which offers dual-band radios for mobility, and supports Cisco Unified WLAN architectures
  • Enhanced security, including:
    • Firewall with advance application and control
    • Site-to-site remote-access and dynamic VPN services: IP Security (IPsec) VPNs, Group Encrypted Transport VPN [GET VPN] with onboard acceleration, and Secure Sockets Layer [SSLVPN]
    • Intrusion prevention system (IPS)
    • Content filtering
  • An 8-port 10/100 Fast Ethernet managed switch with VLAN support and 4-port support for Power over Ethernet (PoE) (optional)
  • Metro Ethernet features that include:
    • One 1000 BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet and One 10/100 BASE-T Fast Ethernet WAN port
    • Intelligent hierarchical quality of service (HQoS)
    • Connectivity Fault Management (CFM), link operational administration and maintenance (OAM), and Ethernet Local Management Interface (E-LMI) for the Customer Edge
    • IP service-level agreement (SLA) for Metro Ethernet

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

I have found it alredy before I went here to ask.

I put here some question to make myself sure about my choise.

May be someone have already configured some of this routers and can relate to me some experience.

It also nowhere about perfomance of this routers for Firewall, VPNs, switching, routing.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card