Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant 5.6 Error 48

murraybridgehs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi eveyone,

I have just tried setting up the Cisco Netowrk Assistant 5.6 on my Win 7 Enterprise 64bit (I know its not supported) and Win XP SP3 (unsure if its supported. The documentation says SP2...but surely thats not right??). I have approx 30 switches which are a mixture of 3750-X's, 3560-X's, 2960-S and 2900 router. On each workstation that I have CNA installed on I get the error 48 (see attached jpg) when CNA gets to the 'processing discovered devices' stage. I have accepted 'always' for the certificates and put in the correct u/n and pwd, yet I still get this error. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? I cannot locate any information on error 48!!??

If possible, I would prefer to get this working on my win 7 workstation...

Thanks!

Matt

5 Replies 5

murraybridgehs
Level 1
Level 1

Ive managed to load the switches into CNA 5.6 on my win 7 64 bit machine. I was able to narrow the error down to two 3560-X switches that are causing the error. Any ideas?

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Are these switches supported?  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_network_assistant/version5_0/release/notes/OL12210a.html#wp699844

Are you still in the 40 devices/community limit?

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Yeah the 3560-X is supported. We have 30 devices..

I am getting this error as well, exact same variables.  Win 7 Pro 64 bit, CNA 5.6, and it crashes error 48 when trying to load our one 3560-X.  As soon as I remove that device from the community XML it loads fine.

I'm still having this issue.... cannot work out why only a couple of switches are triggering the error. The firmware is all the same... I called my vendor... they don't know what the problem is and cisco won't help because we don't have subscription.

Please can anyone assist us?!?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card