cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 3000 ssh access

silverdragan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco  Nexus 3172T in a small environment running System version: 6.0(2)U3(1). I am using a vlan as management access, i.e. vlan100 is on every device and is using for snmp/ssh access. On the same switch I have one non-switchport (routed) port (eth1/6 in this case) connecting to a remote datacenter. I am able to SNMP poll and ping the vlan100 interface on the switch from everywhere, and I am able to SSH login while I am connected on any of the VLANs that are known to the switch. My problem comes when trying to access (SSH) the switch from the remote datacenter location (SNMP/Ping also works from the remote location). The only way to SSH access the switch from the remote location is only if I SSH in on the routed port (i.e. eth 1/6).

I am not using the dedicated management port on the switch (nor I have any plans in the future). I am also running very plain config, a few switchports, one routed port, and the default control-plane policy (which is only policy pps). There are the ACLs on the VTY.

Am I running into a known bug or is there some configuration requirement to allow this ?

thanks

dragan

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you sure there is no access-list blocking SSH from the remote subnets?

If you can ping a device is vlan 100 from remote subnets, that usually means you can access it via SSH as well, if there is no access-list blocking it.

HTH

There are no ACLs at all.

Its not in a VRF or anything like that is it?

Also have you tried setting the ssh source interface to be vlan 100.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus3000/sw/security/6x/b_Cisco_n3k_Security_Config_6x/b_Cisco_n3k_Security_Config_6x_chapter_0110.html#task_4AFC76AF5CD04C728EF30CB15EAE2655

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

There are no VRFs, and the ssh feature is not available on the version I am running.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card