cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 3064 won't boot, in need of old firmware 5.0(3)U5(1)

Nicholas9831
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

For my homelab, I've been given a Cisco nexus 3064 switch. Unfortunately this thing is stuck on its loader> so I've looked up the nexus ns-os troubleshooting documentation: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/6-x/troubleshooting/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Troubleshooting_Guide/b_Cisco_Standalone_Series_NX-OS_Troubleshooting_Guide_chapter_01.html

The instructions tell me to boot with image version 6.1.2.I1.1. But this thing hasnt been upgraded since it came from the factory so I read up on the 6.x upgrade guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus3000/sw/upgrade/6_x/Cisco_n3k_Upgrade_Downgrade_6x.html

"Cisco Nexus 3000 Series switches that use software versions older than Cisco NX-OS Release 5.0(3)U5(1) need to be updated to Cisco NX-OS Release 5.0(3)U5(1) before they are upgraded to Cisco NX-OS Release 6.0(2)."

My other problem is that I'm just a simple student trying to learn how to operate cisco switches, I don;t have a support contract or anything. A certain 'free' site didnt have the software version and google could not help me either.
I contacted cisco technical support by phone, and they advised me to create a post on these forums for assistance, I was told maybe a 3rd party could provide me with the desired system and kickstart software. 5.0.3.U5.1

Many thanks to anyone who can help me!

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

contact me offline will help you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Sorry balaji, you meant good but that certain free site that I already found via Google doesn't have that specific firmware version.

So to everyone, my issue, unfortunately, still stands... :(

Unfortunately these images are copyright and cannot be supplied on the forum
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card