Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Packet Tracer problem

azux14
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, 

I'm in College and quite bad at networking. I'm hoping you can help me. I had to design a network for small business which has 6 departments. I calculated the IPs and subnet masks for all departments. I've set the router to 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask to 255.255.255.192. When I try to ping from the PCs in Packet Tracker only the Software department gets a reply, all other pcs "request timed out". Can you please help ? When I changed the router subnet mask to default 255.255.255.0 the problem persists and only PCs labelled software get reply from router.

Second problem is, I set up the DNS server and configured the PCS but when I try to ping by name I get request timed out on all PCs.

Third issue I want to create VLANs can some please direct me to good tutorial?

Attached is my Packet Tracer file.

Thank you, your help would mean a lot.

**UPDATED

19 Replies 19

Ok thought I was the crazy person...just like in the field.

onezeros
Level 1
Level 1

Try this Video for configuring DHCP, DNS, and HTTP (Web services).

https://youtu.be/rbxZxFLjvhk

Hi Dear , 

i'm having problem with Cisco packet tracer, it does not show devices icon on the screen, it says file not found.would you please help me what is the problem.

thanks

hello there 

i want help ,

my problem : when i double click in "pc pt " for configurate black screen appear

Hello,

which version of PT are you using ? Post the zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card