Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SDM problem

Faisal.Saoud
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have a Cisco 2821 router. And I want to manage the router with SDM software. II have already installed the software and when i launched the application, 2 windows appear and the configuration page does not open. Can you please help me out.

Regards,

6 Replies 6

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi what way are you accessing SDM is it through HTTP or HTTPS , have you used the latest SDM software for that model ?

Your screenshot shows like its being accessed through c drive

2800 SDM

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/2800/software/configuration/guide/2800swgd/2800over.html#wp52692

Hi Mark,

Thanks for responding.

I am accessing SDM with HTTP or HTTPs , Version of SDM =2.5 

what is version of Java which SDM work to login the router GUI 

did you try a different browser like firefox or chrome see if its the same issue

I presume your not going through a firewall either just standard access on the lan just in case theres a port blocked

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/cisco_router_and_security_device_manager/software/release/notes/SDMr25.html

Cisco SDM requires Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE). The following versions are supported:

JRE 1.5_09

JRE1.4.2_08

JRE 1.5.0_06

JRE 1.5.0_07

JRE 1.6.0_02

JRE 1.6.0_03

Although the Cisco SDM application requires JRE to run, the Cisco SDM Express application included with Cisco SDM can run under the native Java Virtual Machine in the supported browsers, and also JRE.

Hi Mark,

The problem have solved now , i have uninstall any java program and disable popup blocker and try to login with SDM and done :)

Thanks

ah very good , not unusual for java to be the issue when guis are involved  :)

Hey mate,

Could you please give a detail answer ? I am now have  the same problem. And i suppose its Java fault .

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card