Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco SG112-24 24-Port Gigabit Switch no internet

Hi,

Could you please advise what is the good way to test if cisco SG112-24 24-Port Gigabit Switch is functional? I setup cisco SG112-24 24-Port Gigabit Switch in the bedroom for more wired connections. When I plugged the cable from Ethernet port on wall to the switch, I got orange solid light. I tried different ports and got the same orange solid light. However, the computer that connects to the switch has solid green light, but no internet connection. The internet connection is working without the switch. Any ideas? Thanks so much!!

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Since you are getting orange solid light on the switch, you may have a mismatch speed between that port and the provider's equipment located on your house. I am not familiar with the SG series switches, but you may want to modify the speed and suplex of the switch port with different speed settings (1Gig, 100Mb), etc., and test.

HTH

Hi @reza,

The provider setting has Ethernet (1G Full Deplex, 1G Half Deplex, 100MB, etc) and MDI-X (on, off, auto). I guess Ethernet means speed, and MDI-X means suplex?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All units: automatic Medium Dependent Interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X); auto negotiated port for connecting 10-, 100-, 1000-Mbps devices

what kind of ethernet cable do you run inside the house? and what is the distance between the switch and the bedroom? what interface card you have in your device?

what happens when you go near the switch and plug your laptop using a small patch lead to the same port? Do you get internet?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card