Replies

Cisco SG200-18 isn't successfull booting

sauer.michael
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community

I need your help.

I bought a CISCO SG200-18 switch.

I added the Switch to my LAN and started the Switch (as described in the manual).

The Switch starts the booting procedure (green blinking status LED)

After a while, the LED starts to blink orange and green, instead of steady green.

In generally the Switch seems to work. I can access my whole network, but not the web interface of the switch itself. I also can't see the switch in the ADSL / DHCP rooter.

I also tried to boot the switch only connected to the PC. But ping on 192.198.1.254 is not working. The switch is in the same subnet like my other LAN components.

Subnetzmaske  . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Standardgateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

I exchanged the switch. But the new switch shows the same behavior.

What can I do?

Best regards,

Michael

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Michael, what is connecting to the switch? The router, what is the model?

Can you remove the switch from the LAN (isolate alone), then factory reset the unit (holding reset for 30 seconds), set your computer to a static IP and access the 192.168.1.254?

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom

Thank you for your response.

The switch is only connected to the router ("Motorola Netopia 7640-47 VDSL Modem") and my PC.

I checked, if there is an IP address conflict and it seems to be, that there is no other disturbing device.

Following your recommendation, I gave my PC a static IP address, and connected the switch only to the PC (isolate alone).

The switch didn't react on the factory reset or the reset button at all. Thus I restarted the switch by interrupting the power line.

I saw again the same behavior of the switch: blinking green and after a while the status LED started to blink orange and green.

Do you know what situations the switch starts blinking orange and green? The manual only says that an orange blinking LED is indicating an HW error.

Do you have any recommendations, what else I can do?

BTW: I have a Cisco SG200-08P switch, which is working perfectly in my infrastructure setup.

Best regards,

Michael

sauer.michael
Level 1
Level 1

Hi *

I've had a diskussion with the tech support. It's a hardware defect.

Best regards,

Michael

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card