Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG250-50 fast blinking after firmware upgrade

joelgsus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I just got this switch and I was setting it up I figured I just update it to the latest firmware version 2.5.8.12 for it. 

I went to the menu and I uploaded the new firmware and click on install and it took a very very long time on the loading screens almost an hour. I new something was wrong so restarted the switch but it’s not doing anything else but blink continuously and is not responding to any ports I connect to. 

I tried resetting it but it comes to same blinking status. Did I just bricked it? There is no console port only One USB port and the rest are just ports. Please help me. Not finding much in google. 

thanks

0268C0BC-E246-4328-8F95-0DBF81735B2E.jpeg

is in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

that's happening when system looking for DHCP to get a IP address. you can use tftpd or another DHCP server to connect with switch and it will release new IP to switch. then use that IP to access the switch.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf_sg250/quick_start/guide/en_US/78-100762-01A0.pdf

rate this and mark as answer if this resolved your concern

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

that's happening when system looking for DHCP to get a IP address. you can use tftpd or another DHCP server to connect with switch and it will release new IP to switch. then use that IP to access the switch.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf_sg250/quick_start/guide/en_US/78-100762-01A0.pdf

rate this and mark as answer if this resolved your concern

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

joelgsus
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks @Kasun Bandara for your comment. Switched already started working after staring at it and rebooting quite a few times. Now I know that I can use another dhcp server as a work around if it happens again. Thanks. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco