cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG350X-48 with software 2.4.5.71. How to enable L3 Switching?

jeroen.soree
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Recently I bought a SG350X-48 and a SG350X-48P for our new network.

I have been reading my head of but I cannot find how to change the systen mode fro L2 to L3 switching.

The articles I founfd point me to Administration->System Settings to tick a radio button but it's just not there.

The software in my case is 2.4.5.71. I know changing the operating mode clears the startup config but I do not mind so much. I need to get Inter-VLAN Routing via L3.

Thanks,

Jeroen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pieterh
VIP
VIP

can you recheck the version?

on software.cisco.com I cannot locate 2.4.5.71

in addition check this link, where another procedure to enable L3 mode is described

and also displays:
" This is correct, on the SG350 series switches the “System Mode” setting previously used to change the switch to L3 mode does not exist. At all. According to Cisco support, the switch comes in L3 mode out of the box, and can’t be changed to L2."

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

pieterh
VIP
VIP

can you recheck the version?

on software.cisco.com I cannot locate 2.4.5.71

in addition check this link, where another procedure to enable L3 mode is described

and also displays:
" This is correct, on the SG350 series switches the “System Mode” setting previously used to change the switch to L3 mode does not exist. At all. According to Cisco support, the switch comes in L3 mode out of the box, and can’t be changed to L2."

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card