Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG550X switch - Configuration for Removing Vlan 1 Interface Ip Address

Yasmeen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team, 

we have one SG550X SMB switch - how do i remove the Vlan 1 Interface IP Address due this IP Address i am getting Conflict on my network 

switchf8ec2b#show ip interface Vlan1

IP Address              I/F I/F Status Type Directed Prec Redirect Status      admin/oper Broadcast
------------------ --------- ---------- ------- --------- ---- -------- ------
0.0.0.0/32                vlan 1 UP/UP         DHCP        disable   No enable        Not received

192.168.1.254/24      vlan 1 UP/UP     Default         disable     No enable         Valid

Please help on this to remove Vlan 1 interface IP address as well as DHCP 

Thanks,

Regards,

Yasmeen Shaul Hameed.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- That's the default address , check this guide for configuration guidelines :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/350xg/admin_guide/AG_Tesla_350_550.pdf

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi
Due to Default Configuration i am Getting Issue on my Network Subnet (IP Conflict) please let me know the Alternate Solution to delete that IP Address

Thanks,
Regards,
Yasmeen Shaul Hameed.

Do you need VLAN 1 Interface ?

how about going in to command level and shutdown the VLAN interface 1 ?

Example :

1. enable

2. conf t

3. inter vlan 1

4 ip address X.X.X.X X.X.X.X ( change to new IP address you looking for Management)  or remove the address

5. allocate same to different interface.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji, 

I have down the Vlan 1 interface and also try to remove the Vlan 1 Interface - as well - but its not deleting the Vlan 1 interface IP address

As you said will try with another IP Address will assign to it

Thanks for the Info

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card