Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Smart Install Vulnerability

james8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I am in doubt which IOS version correct the Smart Install Vulnerability for 2960-TC. In the IOS release notes for version 12.2(55)SE12 says that it was correct in this version. But when running Cisco IOS Software Checker says that is only corrected in version 12.2(55) SE13. 

In which one do I have to trust?

Thanks in advanced

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CWolf1
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure which releases but Cisco has PERMANENTLY DISABLED Smart Install in recent releases (September 2018 and onward).
So whatever IOS version you've got, whether it is classic IOS or IOS-XE, if the "vstack" (or "show vstack ?") command doesn't exist then the feature is no longer available.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

12.2(55)SE12 is the minimum release to use the feature.  So, to be sure, I would use 12.2(55) SE13, which fixes some of the vulnerabilities.

HTH

Hello sharifi,

Thanks for you help. The problem is that Cisco did not release the version 12.2(55) SE13 for C2960-TLC models. 

James,

Try a later version than 12.2(55) SE13 and see if the feature still exist?

HTH

CWolf1
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure which releases but Cisco has PERMANENTLY DISABLED Smart Install in recent releases (September 2018 and onward).
So whatever IOS version you've got, whether it is classic IOS or IOS-XE, if the "vstack" (or "show vstack ?") command doesn't exist then the feature is no longer available.

Can anyone help me which are the version vstack is applicable and need to disable and which are the versions its permenentaly disable from cisco ??

@sudharsan rangasamy wrote:

Can anyone help me which are the version vstack is applicable and need to disable and which are the versions its permenentaly disable from cisco ??

Please read CWolf1's post.

james8
Level 1
Level 1
Hello guys,
I got in touch with TAC and they said that the correction is available in version 12.2(55)13, but this version is not release yet for download.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco