cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switch 2960x not resetting to default by pressing mode button.

razeev rohilla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i have a cisco switch 2960x, which i want to factory reset. i remain pressed mode button for 30-60 Second while powering on but switch not goes to ROMMON Mode. However it shows password recovery mechanism is enable. but it every time load previous configuration.

Kindly advise and support. 

Thanks

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Attach a console to the device , and see what happens when you try to factory reset , if after 3 seconds you get a prompt (e.g.) , you can also try  : flash_init 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

noted, will do.

Hello
atrach a console cable before you power up switch- 

Then power on switch whilst you de-press the mode button -

wait for the sys light to flash and let go-

At console prompt - flash_init

delete flash:config.text
delete flash:vlan.dat
Boot

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

hi Paul,

i tried this many times but never observe behavior of SYS Led, will observe and revert back to you.

jimairwalk007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm not sure if this will work but can you try command 'write erase' then 'reload'? 

Cli command will work after entering the switch, but the questions is this, I am not able to enter into the switch.

shamrozakram18
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco Switch 2960x sometimes does not reset to its default settings by simply pressing the mode button. This can be frustrating for users who want to restore the switch to its factory configuration. In such cases, it is recommended to try alternative methods, such as using the console cable and accessing the switch's command-line interface (CLI), or utilizing the password recovery process provided by Cisco. These approaches can help troubleshoot and resolve the issue, allowing users to successfully reset the Cisco Switch 2960x to its default state.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card