Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Ask the Expert- SD-WAN

Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: Cisco Switch 3750 - Voice VLAN for IP Phones is not working on Interface Gigabit-Ethernet port

No, Cisco 6941 works fine but I bought a new Cisco 6945 has it has a gig port that needs some of our users. The Cisco 6945 still REJECTED after I reset factory the phone.

Beginner

Re: Cisco Switch 3750 - Voice VLAN for IP Phones is not working on Interface Gigabit-Ethernet port

I understand that the 6941 works fine. My question is do you have a 6945 configured in CUCM with the correct MAC address?  Usually a status of rejected means that the phone is not the correct type: e.g. a phone is actually model XXXX, but it's configured in CUCM as a YYYY phone model.

Hi Mike,

I get now what you mean. The Phone Button Template I am using for Cisco 6945 is a Standard 6941 SCCP Template. Do I need to create a new Phone Button Template for 6945 to match to the Call Manager?
Highlighted
Beginner

Ok,, the fact that you are putting a 6945's MAC address in CUCM as a 6941 is definitely the reason you are getting the rejected status.

You need to remove that phone from CUCM completely.  Then re-add it by going to Device>Phone>Add New and choosing the phone type of 6945 instead of 6941.  You can create a Phone Template if you'd like, but it's not required.  You can just add the phone from Device>Phone.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards