Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switches Configuration Conversion Tool

jahanzaib amin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I would like to know that is there any tool which can help us to convert old Catlayst 2950 configurations to the leatest ios

configuration like Catalyst 2960. In fact I have a Catalyst 2950 which is fully configured with set base commands and

now need to replace this switch with newest catalyst WS-C2960-48 psl.

I hear that there is some Cisco Tool through which we can change the old configuration with the new IOS base configuration.

But so far I didnt find on Cisco and Search enginer.

Thanks,

Amin

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is little difference between a 2950 and a 2960.  A 2960 is just a newer version of the old 2950.  Other than maybe the interface numbers most of the old config should cut and paste into the 2960 .   There may be some differances if you  had any COS or QOS commands otherwise most should be the ssame .

Hello,

Correction from my side that Switch Model is " WS-C2980G-A Software, Version NmpSW: 6.3(7)" and all

commands started with SET and there is big difference in WS2980G-A Software and WS-C2960 48TCL.

Is There any Cisco Tool to convert WS-C2980G-A Software, switch configuration to IOS base WS-C2960 48PTL?

Amin

jahanzaib amin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Correction from my side that Switch Model is " WS-C2980G-A Software, Version NmpSW: 6.3(7)" and all

commands started with SET and there is big difference in WS2980G-A Software and 2960 48TCL.

Is There any Cisco Tool to convert WS-C2980G-A Software, switch configuration to IOS base WS-C2960 48PTL?

Jahanzaib Amin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card