Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WS-C3850-48T, Problem with two switches in stack

Hi everyone, 

I have a problem with two Cisco WS-C3850-48T switches that are connected via stack cables. Switches were running fine before, the problem occurred after a power outage on the site. 

Once power was back, switch number 2 booted without any problems, and I was able to check the switch. 

Switch number 1 was stuck in Switch mode, I managed to recover the switch and now it's up and running. 

Both switches are running fine in standalone, and once I connect them with stack cables Switch number 1 reloads and they end up in a ready state:

Role Mac Address Priority Version State
------------------------------------------------------------
1 Member 2401.c722.8600 1 V01 Ready
*2 Active 2401.c722.7d00 15 V01 Ready

It stays like this for maybe a minute and after that, this happens:

Switch# Role Mac Address Priority Version State
------------------------------------------------------------
1 Standby 2401.c722.8600 1 V01 HA sync in progress
*2 Active 2401.c722.7d00 15 V01 Ready

*Dec 7 08:13:48.657 EST: %STACKMGR-1-STANDBY_ELECTED: 2 stack-mgr: Switch 1 has been elected STANDBY.

*Dec 7 08:13:48.726 EST: %REDUNDANCY-5-PEER_MONITOR_EVENT: Active detected a standby insertion (raw-event=PEER_FOUND(4))

*Dec 7 08:13:48.726 EST: %REDUNDANCY-5-PEER_MONITOR_EVENT: Active detected a standby insertion (raw-event=PEER_FOUND(4))

*Dec 7 08:13:48.726 EST: %REDUNDANCY-5-PEER_MONITOR_EVENT: Active detected a standby insertion (raw-event=PEER_REDUNDANCY_STATE_CHANGE(5))

*Dec 7 08:13:48.726 EST: %REDUNDANCY-5-PEER_MONITOR_EVENT: Active detected a standby insertion (raw-event=PEER_REDU

I also get this log:

*Dec 7 08:14:13.564 EST: %ISSU-3-PEER_IMAGE_INCOMPATIBLE: Peer image (CAT3K_CAA-UNIVERSALK9-M), version (03.02.00SE) on peer uid (1) is incompatible
*Dec 7 08:14:13.565 EST: %ISSU-3-PEER_IMAGE_INCOMPATIBLE: Peer image (CAT3K_CAA-UNIVERSALK9-M), version (03.02.00SE) on peer uid (1) is incompatible
*Dec 7 08:14:13.885 EST: %PLATFORM_HA-6-REDUNDANCY_MODE: ACTIVE supervisor initializing for SSO mode

I checked both switches and they have same IOS version, also I tried to use this command on the Switch number 2:

redundancy config-sync ignore mismatched-commands

But I got a message that the switch is not in a duplex mode...

What do you guys think about this, do you have a solution to the problem?

P.S. I attached the file with some important information that you can use in order to help me resolve this issue. 

Thank you in advance, 

Alex 

4 Replies 4

Hello Alex,

could be a bug. Try and upgrade to release Denali-16.3.7 MD...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Post the complete output to the command "sh version".
Wow. 3.2.0. This is THE original IOS-XE version the first generation of 3850 came with.

Hi team, 

I managed to resolve the issue by using this command:

show redundancy config-sync failures mcl

It showed me a couple of VLAN-s that were not in use, so I deleted them.

After that, I rebooted the secondary switch in the stack and it came up without any problems.

Thank you all for helping! 

ahmadzubair654
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue, yet no resolution.

Version 16.6.07

show redundancy config-sync failures mcl
Mismatched Command List
-----------------------

The list is Empty

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card