cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO2691 & 2621

Mic74W7gt
Level 1
Level 1

I bought a used router to practice CCNA. I have mastered ROMMON mode lately as when you reload it thats where it goes. I have dir'ed flash and then boot flash:c blah blah blah and it boots up. As soon as I reload it, it goes right back to ROMMON mode. Says it cannot load flash. I was able to TFTP the IOS to SolarWinds TFTP server. For question one is the flash gone? Will I have to buy a new flash or is one even available? Is there a way to stop it from going to ROMMON mode? Is there a way I can get the router to check the TFTP server and load the IOS. Any information on this would be very helpful as I am getting no where with this CCNA while this is going on.

The 2621 will boot just fine but it is not saving any configuration what so ever I put in. I have to turn them off as I dont want a skyrocketing light bill but to my understanding if you copy run start it should be saving the config. Any suggestions?

1 Reply 1

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mr. Watt,

Thank you for posting, unfortunately the Cisco Support community is dedicate to Small business products

And the CISCO2691 is not considered as an Small business device.

In order to get an accurate and quick answer I recommend you to contact our Cisco support center.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html.

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card