Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI language versions.

littlebrook
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Please do not spend any time on this question as it is a bet I'm trying to win so if you know thanks if not please do not research...

-  I have been searching for a couple of days on CISCO and al.  looking for the answer to;

"Does CISCO offer the command line interface for routers/switches in any other language(s) then English? "  My co-worker is saying no although in our discussion it seems almost crazy that only English is offered?

thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
"Does CISCO offer the command line interface for routers/switches in any other language(s) then English? "  My co-worker is saying no although in our discussion it seems almost crazy that only English is offered?

Only English.  

Cisco IOS is based around UNIX system.  And the only language for UNIX is English.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
"Does CISCO offer the command line interface for routers/switches in any other language(s) then English? "  My co-worker is saying no although in our discussion it seems almost crazy that only English is offered?

Only English.  

Cisco IOS is based around UNIX system.  And the only language for UNIX is English.

and there it is.....thanks Leo - have a great day...

Another thing, the GUI of some appliances can support multiple languages.  

Thanks for taking the time to rate our posts.  :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card