cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many Port-channels are configurable on a 3750-x switch stack of 4 switches?

rodsculthorp66
Level 1
Level 1

I have found documentation stating that a single 3750-x switch will support a maximum of 48 port-channels, but I need to know if the 3750-x are placed in a stacked architecture, does this maximum number increase?

I have a situation that may end up having up to 8 3750-x switches in a stack and every workstation (possibly more than 100) will require a port-channel to bind the network ports.

I can not find any literature that fully defines the maximum limitations in the switch's stacking mode.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
does this maximum number increase?

Nope.  Still the same.

I have a situation that may end up having up to 8 3750-x switches in a stack and every workstation (possibly more than 100) will require a port-channel to bind the network ports.

Eight 3750X in a stack?  I'm surprised you haven't soiled your pants yet.  I wouldn't recommend anyone join 7 or MORE switches in a stack due to performance issues.

I think the actual deployed number is coming out to 6, but with this customer, you never can tell.  :)

I came in to this well after the architecture was planned and sold to the customer, now it is just a matter of making it work.

It should not be too bad, considering the stacks are backed by 10gb uplinks to the core and the port-channels are to bond the ports to the workstations, so at least we are not hanging more switching off of them.

Thanks for the info,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card