cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cobmbo ports for cbs350-8s-e-2g

Andrii1
Level 1
Level 1

Device cbs350-8s-e-2g have two combo ports that can use like GE/SFP. Can i use one of them like SFP and another like GE?

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Combo Ports —Combo port connected with either copper CAT6a cable or SFP Fiber Gigabit Interface

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I understand that one port i cant use like GE and SFP simultaneously. I mean two combo ports and one of them will be GE and another of them will be SFP. 

i have not tested, as i remember (Cat 3800, i have used like that cant remember - been long time), may be if you have device config and test it.

like below:

1 Copper

1SFP

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

pman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Each combo port has one copper Ethernet port and one SFP or SFP+ slot, with one port active at a time.

I attach photo of this device (cbs350-8s-e-2g). And i see 8 ports + 2 combo, so thats 2 GE and two 2 SFP ports. Can i use just one 1 SFP and another 9 ports like GE. I mean From 2 combo ports one of them will be GE and aother of then will be SFP.

pman
Spotlight
Spotlight
From the picture it looks like this is your model: CBS350-8T-E-2G

CBS350-8T-E-2G

CBS350-8T-E-2G-xx

●  8 10/100/1000 ports
●  2 Gigabit copper/SFP combo ports
●  Rack-mountable

if this is the case then on 2 Gigabit copper/SFP combo ports you can use one port active at a time

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/business-350-series-managed-switches/datasheet-c78-744156.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card