cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Command Prompt in Packet Tracer

Bradl
Level 1
Level 1

I simply want to clear the command prompt screen on a PC I have configured in Packet Tracer. On a real live machine I can enter CLS to clear it but in PT it throws up an "Invalid Command" error. I have tried shutting down the PC, then bringing it back up all to no avail. I am at a loss as to how to clear the command prompt screen. Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

PT have limited commands, so I'm not surprised if it doesn't work.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Looks like the only real way to clear it out is exit the Packet Tracer program then get back in. Not elegant by any stretch of the imagination but nevertheless doable. Thank you!

nvthekid
Level 1
Level 1

Turning off the PC in packet tracer and turning it back on seems to work.

ZaidA
Level 1
Level 1

The easiest way to clear the PT prompt screen on a PC: Select the text you want to clear, and drag and drop it to the main PT window. And, it should clear, hit enter to start all over. (PT Version 8.2.1.0118)

Credit to superuser.com under the title: Cisco Packet Tracer: Clear screen (cls) in PC Command Prompt

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Packet Tracer is just a Sim software to simulate IOS behavior for purpose of studying basics of networking technologies and for purpose of CCNA exam cert. Getting different results in compare to real IOS could be normal. 

Regarding PC and Server -based on Windows, it is also not real Windows OS; 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card