cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

command to list all trunk port and ap port

Mary
Level 1
Level 1

we have more than 45 ports, is there any command to list out only trunk ports?

I use show vlan command, vlan 30 is for wifi, but there is no interface appeared. but in my running config, port G1/0/35 , I have switchport trunk allowed vlan 30, so my question is how to list all the ports assigned to wifi vlan?

my laptop is using wifi and get ip  10.5.2.9, but if I use show ip arp 10.5.2.9, does it give me the wifi ap mac address?

my port 35 is linked to a access point_1 (lightweight ap), how would I know all the laptop mac using that AP? thanks

9 Replies 9

Hello

Show interface trunk

Show vlan brief

Show dot11 associations

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Many thanks!

The solution presented here does not work on my 3850 with IOS 15.

How do I get a list of which VLAN's are allowed as trunk on which ports?

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

"we have more than 45 ports, is there any command to list out only trunk ports?"

#show int trunk
#show interface status | i trunk

"I use show vlan command, vlan 30 is for wifi, but there is no interface appeared. but in my running config, port G1/0/35 , I have switchport trunk allowed vlan 30, so my question is how to list all the ports assigned to wifi vlan?"

The Show Vlan command will only show access ports which are members of the corresponding Vlans. Trunk ports carry all Vlans by default so they don't appear in this output.

You could use:

#show int trunk
#show interface status | i 30

The second command above will probably show port 30 (as it includes anything with 30) but you can just ignore this port unless it also is in Vlan 30.

"my port 35 is linked to a access point_1 (lightweight ap), how would I know all the laptop mac using that AP? thanks"

#show mac address table interface gi1/0/35

This will show all MAC addresses by Vlan ID.

blandekic
Level 1
Level 1

To list trunks use show interface trunk.

show vlan is not showing any interfaces for vlan 30 because you did not assign any interfaces to vlan 30!  switchport trunk allowed vlan 30 doesn't assign that port to vlan 30, but merely permits vlan 30 to pass along the trunk if the port is designated as a trunk.  To add a port to vlan 30 use switchport access vlan 30 after switchport mode access.  Once you add these two commands to a port, sh vlan will show you the correct information.

If port 35 is linked to another switch (access point_1), then you shouldn't issue the above mentioned switchport commands, as it would turn the ports into access ports, and switches should be attached together via trunk ports. 

Are you trying to connect a switch to another switch, or are you trying to assign a vlan to an access port?  These are two very different goals.  You cannot assign a vlan to a trunk, but you can permit only one vlan onto a trunk with the switchport trunk allowed vlan 30 command as you mentioned above.

janit
Level 1
Level 1

What would be a command to list all ports configured as switchport mode trunk ?

Show interfaces trunk includes only active ports on my 3750x

Thx

try show vtp counters

ylin4
Level 1
Level 1

Show interface status | in trunk

It will display something as below:

Gi1/0/1              Connected    trunk        a-full     a-1000       10/100/1000BaseTX

G1/0/2               Connected    trunk        a-full     a-1000       10/100/1000BaseTX.

Genius, I love simple solutions. Tx a bunch.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card