Views
Helpful
Replies

compatibility between cisco 3750 and 3750 v2

donnie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I would like to confirm if cisco 3750 and 3750v2 can work in a stack?

My cisco 3750 is working on 12.2(37)se while 3750v2 is working on 12.2(50r)se.

I tried to configure the above on a same stack but seem to have compatibility issue and fail to work.

Pls advise, thks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Fabienne Stephanoff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Don,

They can be stack but I would recommend you try to have them run the same image and feature set:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5023/data_sheet_c78-531031.html?referring_site=smartnavRD

Fabienne TAC

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All stack members should run the same IOS and Feature Set.

Your classic 3750 should have an IOS upgrade to the minimum level of the 3750v2.

Please let us know what IOS you choose so we can advice you if there are any issues.

The "highest" IOS your stack can run (if your 3750 has 16 mb of Flash) is 12.2(55)SE5.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The     Author of this posting offers the information contained within this     posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding  that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any   purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and   should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.   Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In     no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever   (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or   profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's   information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of  such  damage.

Posting

All should have same IOS version.  The don't have to have the same feature set although it's nice if they do but if you're using more than IP Base, does add to cost.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card