Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration suggestion for DHCP Snooping

kumarvin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to apply DHCP snooping on 4500 series switches working as L2 in my Network. We have external DHCL Server in another location connected with 6500 series switch.   

Running EIGRP                                                      Configured Voice & Data Vlan both

DHCP Server -------- 6509 switch<----------------------------------->6509 Switch -------- 4500 switch ----------------------------------------------------------Ip Phones.               

(ving Redundant)                                  (ving Redundant)   

Scenario is attached for refernece.

I need to know whether the configuration which I mentioned in scenario is enough for apply DHCP snooping in my network. Please suggest ASAP as same is need to apply soon.

Thanks & Regards

Vinod

4 Replies 4

srikanth ath
Level 4
Level 4

Hope you made access switch as Relay agent (note: you should be able to reach DHCP server from access switch):

Yes you can run DHCP snooping. enable snooping globally and per vlan based, you are good to run it.

Example:

ip dhcp snooping vlan 10,20,30

no ip dhcp snooping information option

!    We are using a windows DHCP server, witch cannot use option 82.

ip dhcp snooping

On the trunk to the core switch

ip dhcp snooping trust

Please rate helpfull posts.

Regards,

srikanth

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Vinod,

uSE THIS.

ip dhcp snooping vlan 1-5, 6-10

ip dhcp snooping

and on which port of core switch  ur dhcp server connected, on that port please apply"ip dhcp snooping trust"

and u can use:

example

!

interface Vlan2

ip address 10.73.2.254 255.255.255.0

ip helper-address 10.73.21.1

interface Vlan6

ip address 10.73.6.254 255.255.255.0

ip helper-address 10.73.21.1

to get automatic ip address on each client: in diff vlans

Regards

Please rate if it helps.

kumarvin
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for suggestion Team, I will check and update you accordingly.

Hope you have checked the attached scenario. mentioned configuration is correct ?? Plz suggest

Here, Vlans I configured on L3 switch which connected to L2 switches is not configured on another L3 switch to whom DHCP server is connected.

Using EIGRP to advertise the network between both L3 switch.

Hi Team,

As per attached document, we need to enable option 82 on L3 switch to whom L2 switches are connected. But what about other L3 switch on which we connected DHCP server. Do we need to configure anything on same ??

URL: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/15.02SG/configuration/guide/dhcp.html#wp1148856

Please suggest

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: