Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have a stack of switches that is at the max number of members allowed in the stack. Problem is we are running out of port density and need to add more ports. So instead of adding a whole new stack I would rather replace 2 of the 24-port swicthes w...

fredareid by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! WRR confusion

I am looking through the Cisco documentation on WRR configuration for 6500 series switches, and I have run across some really confusing stuff. Any help here would be great.Question 1If we look at this interface configurationinterface GigabitEthernet1...

Hello,Our network have remote branch, the networks are routing with OSPF and RIP (you can see the design in the scheme number 1)We are going to add a Core and, the branches will be connected with fiber (see scheme number 2):- 10 Gb between the 2 core...

Hiwe got 3560 switch connected to 2960 switch3560 (port fa 0/24)----------------fa0/24 (2960)High traffic is noticed on all ports of 2960 switch, can somone help on how to identify the source and traffic type.during downtime just plugged single pc on...

Helo, i would like some help .... how to configure a QOS service for a Microsoft Lync software.I need set up preference for the lync traffic in my switch, router and between trunk in both side.I Have two ADSL as uplinkMore informations about my scena...

teleadmin by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I created a new vlan and able to access all my internal networks and able to access till firewall inside interface ,however cant access internet or cant hit my firewall external ip and internet, apparently all the vlans in the prodcution netwrok are ...

Hellowe have three separated network segments going to one Cisco 3750 switch all is L2 .. from this switch is 100 mbit uplinkwe need to apply some Qos mechanism not to saturate line by traffic from one network.. Configuration from various reason CANN...

m.sir by Level 7
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Sir,We have one web server connected to a port on 2960/3560 switch. There are two web sites on the server. Each wet site has his own IP. We want to configure qos and let web site 1 has 5M and web site 2 has 3M of bandwidth. Is it possible with s...

HI,We are facting loss of connectivity when HSRP enabled between the routers & linux server.When HSRP is disabed the Linux box sends ARP requests and receives the corresponding ARP reply. After sometime when HSRP is enabled,  the Linux box receives A...

Hello ExpertsWhat is the best practise approach to control access for switches, routers, asa. I have been reading posts and mostly it says  remove telnet add ssh configure ACL add AAA / local accountsManagment VLAN segment I want to have flexibility ...

samuel_M9 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes