cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring a stack of 3750x

Rios_admin
Level 1
Level 1

I have interconnected each switch and all 3 are visible.  When I console into the the master I can see and config the other ports on the member switches.  Do I need to configure the members also?  When I rebooted the switches the 3rd switch became the master??  Why and should I allow the switches to rearrange themselves or should I hardcode one switch to remain master? Also how do I enable stackpower for the stack?

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When I console into the the master I can see and config the other ports on the member switches.  Do I need to configure the members also?

No.  You configure one and the entire stack will "share" the config.

When I rebooted the switches the 3rd switch became the master??

That's because you didn't enable switch priority.  During a reboot the switch with the "highest" MAC address becomes the master.  To enable switch priority (minimize stack election and specify which member is the master) use the command "switch priority <1 to 15 where 15 does not participate in election>".

Also how do I enable stackpower for the stack?

By default, it's on.

If by default it is enabled then I should be able to pull one power supply from the

stack of switches and all 3 switches should stay online.   When I pulled a P.S. that switch went down?

do you have the stack power cable interconnected between switches? it's a different cable from the stackwise cable

Yes.

Ok then, please post the output for the command "sh stack-power".

I will post tomorrow around 10:00 AM.  I am not currently in the office

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card