Views
Helpful
Replies

connect layer3 switch

Jose Salazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys

I have a network with two layer 3 switch 3560cx and two routers in the middle 4300

I also have a pfsense firewall connected to the first switch which allow to get access to internet.

I can access to internet from all the servers connected to the first switch but not to the pc or servers connected to the last switch.

the first switch has 4 vlans (vlan 10,20,30 and 40) vlan 10 IP is 192.168.1.2/24

I noticed that I can ping from the first switch to the firewall with IP 192.168.1.1/24. I can ping from the last switch to the IP 192.168.1.2 but I cannot ping to the firewall 192.168.1.1.   

I implement ospf area 0 in the two switch and also the routers, didn't work

I created a default route with 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 in the first switch , didn't work. 

Please, follow the graph of my network below 

I can ping from the first router but no from the second router or the last switch with IP 172.16.5.2

do you have any idea what is missing here?

Thanks

labgenetec.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yachay
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming OSPF is working fine and the firewall has routes back to those networks, Switch-1 has to be the only device with the default-information originate command. Remove that command from the rest.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Have you tried adding the default-information originate on switch-1.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Do you where I can find a layer 3 template for 3750 just a base template?

thanks 

Yachay
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming OSPF is working fine and the firewall has routes back to those networks, Switch-1 has to be the only device with the default-information originate command. Remove that command from the rest.

you were right, the routes in the firewall

Thanks 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card