Views
Helpful
Replies

connect layer3 switch

Jose Salazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys

I have a network with two layer 3 switch 3560cx and two routers in the middle 4300

I also have a pfsense firewall connected to the first switch which allow to get access to internet.

I can access to internet from all the servers connected to the first switch but not to the pc or servers connected to the last switch.

the first switch has 4 vlans (vlan 10,20,30 and 40) vlan 10 IP is 192.168.1.2/24

I noticed that I can ping from the first switch to the firewall with IP 192.168.1.1/24. I can ping from the last switch to the IP 192.168.1.2 but I cannot ping to the firewall 192.168.1.1.   

I implement ospf area 0 in the two switch and also the routers, didn't work

I created a default route with 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 in the first switch , didn't work. 

Please, follow the graph of my network below 

I can ping from the first router but no from the second router or the last switch with IP 172.16.5.2

do you have any idea what is missing here?

Thanks

labgenetec.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yachay
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming OSPF is working fine and the firewall has routes back to those networks, Switch-1 has to be the only device with the default-information originate command. Remove that command from the rest.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Have you tried adding the default-information originate on switch-1.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Do you where I can find a layer 3 template for 3750 just a base template?

thanks 

Yachay
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming OSPF is working fine and the firewall has routes back to those networks, Switch-1 has to be the only device with the default-information originate command. Remove that command from the rest.

you were right, the routes in the firewall

Thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card