Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting Cisco switch with Huawei Router

imadhassan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have my client who has Huawei GH8040h router connecting with its LAN port with Cisco 3750 switch. On Cisco switch when I configure a port connecting with Huawei's LAN port the link is getting UP and running fine. However when I put that port in an access mode with vlan 200 the link is not comming up and showing the status of port as BROKEN (Port type inconsistent). Am I missing something on Cisco side. I don't have any access with the HUAWEI CPE device. Although I have disabled DTP on a cisco port connecting with Huawei CPE.

Any comments will be appreciable.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Huaweii needs to be set in vlan 200 ip range on its port where the switch is connected whether its sub interface or full interface with encapsulation set like router and a stick so it understands the vlan tag coming in from the switch , you need access to the Huaweii to check that , nothing you can change on cisco side as its juts acting as layer 2 switch , maybe check show interface x/x switchport ... to make sure its in access mode

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Huaweii needs to be set in vlan 200 ip range on its port where the switch is connected whether its sub interface or full interface with encapsulation set like router and a stick so it understands the vlan tag coming in from the switch , you need access to the Huaweii to check that , nothing you can change on cisco side as its juts acting as layer 2 switch , maybe check show interface x/x switchport ... to make sure its in access mode

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card