cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting home lab to my ISP router .

Justin Bray
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying different ways to connect my lab to the internet and actually set up a functioning network. I just earned my CCENT and I am going for my CCNA in about a month.

My lab:

Routers:

3x- 2612

1x- 1721

Switches:

3X- 2950 

Security:

PIX 506e  

Wireless:

Aironet 1200  AP

I have AT&T for my ISP (which they gave me this horrible motorola router) and I can't be able to remotely access my lab becuase my pc is connected to my 198.168.1.0 network and wants to go to the web when I try say telnet 10.1.1.1 and fails.

I have never figured out the pix and don't no cmds for it. But If i have my routers, switches and pc's all on my 10.1.X.X/24 networks and set my pix up for nat to translate the addresses from 10.x.x.x to 192.168.1.x. and have the outside line of the pix connected to my ATT router. Would this work and if so can anyone guide me to a good resource to learn pix configuration either for 6.3.5 ios or 7.0 ios?

Any feedback would be greatly appriciated I am so frustrated with this and searched for many hours with no luck!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you trying to access your lab, say telnet 10.1.1.1, from some other places over Internet? If yes then you need to setup VPN.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello

Not sure how you are physically connecting to your lab and the isp but have you tried giving your pc a second IP address on the 10.x network.

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Are you trying to access your lab, say telnet 10.1.1.1, from some other places over Internet? If yes then you need to setup VPN.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card