cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting to SG350-28MP web UI

Jacob44833
Level 1
Level 1

I have a switch (SG350-28MP) that I am trying to connect to using the web interface. Documentation says this should be able to be done using the default static IP of 192.168.1.254, but I am unable to connect. I have set my PC to a static IP of 192.168.1.100/24. Does a DHCP server have to be connected to the switch for proper IP address assignment? I assume this would work with my PC and the switch each having a static IP and matching subnets.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your suggestion. I took the switch home and connected it to a router with DHCP enabled, now I am able to access the web interface. There was no problem before trying to connect using the console cable, I would prefer to manage the device using the web interface if possible. I'll close my thread now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the switch boxed and no one configured before -

When the switch is using the factory default IP address, the System LED  flashes continuously. When the switch is using a DHCP server-assigned IP address or an administrator has configured a static IP address, the System  LED is a steady green (DHCP is enabled by default).

you can connect to console and check the configuration or you would like to reset to factory default :

To use the Reset button to reboot or reset the switch, do the following:
• To reboot the switch, press and hold the Reset button for less than ten
seconds.
• To restore the switch to its factory default settings:
– Disconnect the switch from the network or disable all DHCP
servers on your network.
– With the power on, press and hold the Reset button for more than
ten seconds.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for your suggestion. I took the switch home and connected it to a router with DHCP enabled, now I am able to access the web interface. There was no problem before trying to connect using the console cable, I would prefer to manage the device using the web interface if possible. I'll close my thread now.

Hi everybody,
I encounter the same issue on an SG350 28MP.

Unable to connect to HTTP/HTTPS web UI even if I set a static IP on computer in the same subnet.
When I connected with the console port in CLI, no IP configuration set to the default VLAN 1....
If I force a static IP on the default VLAN 1 or I create a new VLAN and configure a port in switchport access on this VLAN with an IP, I'm unable to communicate with the interface from my computer (ping command in both side don't receive packets).

The version of my SG350 28MP is 2.5.0.83.
Before to constate this issue, I had configured my switch in CLI and I constated this communication problem to access to the switch in SSH or HTTP. This is a basic configuration with VoIP and trunk native VLAN and trunk allowed vlan.

I gonna to find a documentation to upgrade in the first time the switch to the latest release 2.5.5.47.

If someone already solved this issue, I will take it ;)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card