Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection between Cisco 1841 and Linksys

lgendreau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried to connect a 1841 to a Linksys with a static route. I am able to ping from a computer in the 1841 to a computer in the linksys network, but I can't ping from a computer in the Linksys network to a computer in the 1841 network??

Thanks,

Louis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Luis,

Anything on the internet interface of the Wireless router will be blocked by default since there is a firewall that is active on the linksys - in this case its port 0. I did a packet tracer too, so you can see the difference. Anything on the LAN (port 1 on the wireless router) - you can ping, however from the WAN you cannot. I have attached my version of PT so you can see too.

Hope this helps

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Louis,

Do you have a route back from Linksys to 1841? AS you said there is a static route from 1841 ---Linksys hence the packets flows fine how about the other way ...?

Simple saying you have a route to go but dont have the way to come back.

Regards

Inayath

I assigned a static IP on the Linksys and the gateway is the address of the port on the 1841.

Thanks

Louis

Hi Louis,

Thanks for the update.Okay now can you please provide me the snapshot of the config?

1- Does linksys router able to reach cisco 1841 ?

2- Are they in the same subnet?

3- If Linksys router able to reach all the host connected to ciso 1841?

Regards

Inayath

1-no

2-yes

3-no

Hello Luis,

Anything on the internet interface of the Wireless router will be blocked by default since there is a firewall that is active on the linksys - in this case its port 0. I did a packet tracer too, so you can see the difference. Anything on the LAN (port 1 on the wireless router) - you can ping, however from the WAN you cannot. I have attached my version of PT so you can see too.

Hope this helps

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Thank you!

Where do you configure the firewall?

Louis

Hello Luis, in packet tracer you cannot alter the firewall I think. I will need to check to confirm.

In the security Tab. There is a section for firewall, you can enable or disable.

Hope this helps

http://www.technipages.com/linksys-wrt54g-router-disable-firewall.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card