Views
Helpful
Replies

connection between DHCP Sever on Packet Tracer and Layer 3 switch

johnmcgrath29
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have configured inter vlan routing with static ip addresses successfully then decided I should setup a Dedicated DHCP Server

I believe I have configured it right However something is wrong as I cannot ping Vlan Interfaces form the DHCP Server and I keep getting DHCP Failed APIPA is being used on the end PC's I also checked the status of the interface that is on the L3 Switch that is connected to my DHCP Server. I have connected to the server and IT's Down that's where the issue is I have tried to bounce the interface with "Shut" "No Shut"  I have configured the interface as access that is connected to the server 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the default gateway of the DHCP server needs to be in the 192.168.4.0/24 range. You were using the wrong interface (GigabitEthernet0/1) on the L3 switch, with the wrong IP address.

Attached the working file with the DHCP server handing out IP addresses...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

post the zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

Okay just tried to add lab file strangely will not let me do so

Here you go I managed to get it done 

Hello,

the default gateway of the DHCP server needs to be in the 192.168.4.0/24 range. You were using the wrong interface (GigabitEthernet0/1) on the L3 switch, with the wrong IP address.

Attached the working file with the DHCP server handing out IP addresses...

Thank you very much for the help and pointing me in the right direction it's usually the simple stuff thanks again 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card