Views
Helpful
Replies

Consideration for Health Care Project

conie saga
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

One of the customer from Health Care sector, is looking for DC based on 100G (uplinks) backbone between Spine and Leaf.

I am wondering what factors to be considered for uplinks during designing the network for Health & Care Environment ?

I have impression that 100G is too high, 40G should be enough, I need to prove technically and convince customer.

BR,

4 Replies 4

Hello,

whether you need 40G or 100G should depend on the amount of traffic that is being transferred. Do you have any insight regarding what traffic the customer will have (e.g. voice/video) ?

One factor to consider is obviously cost. A 100G link is more expensive, you also need more expensive hardware to support 100G.

So basically the question is: what does the customer need, and what is the budget ?

Hello @conie saga

Just like to add - given that this is ACI design consideration possibly submit this to the Data Center - Application Centric Infrastructure page where its better suited to be answered 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To add to other post, costing is too high on hardware, until there is requirement identified.

why not look exiting utilisation and most of the organisation good enough for 10GB, people just as fancy ask for 40GB and 100B, my point of view it is simply waste of investment ( and you need to maintain same spares if required).

If requirement is 40GB i would rather bundle with 4x10GB - instead of single 40GB port.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Moaz.Elzhrawey
Level 1
Level 1

I will not add much on this, as the gentlemen mentioned the important points.

However, in healthcare domain, I saw many architectures that were suffering congestion and high utilization while they were using 10G and 40G, but the golden question is, what was that platform or architecture required that very high bandwidth?

The answer is, the architecture were relying on core block which is responsible for all Campus and DC traffic routing, especially the Video traffic (a lot of sources / divisions) had video capability along with huge CCTV network.

so, simply, go to your customer, get insight on the current setup, collect statistics (mostly will be from the NMS app) and do the analysis required on that.

Moaz Elzhrawey
Solutions Architect, CCIE 2x RS | DC, VCP 3x NV | DCV | DTM
+966 596822551
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card