Views
Helpful
Replies

Cookie information is corrupt

astrand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I get the warning message "Cookie information is corrupt" on one of our routers (Cisco 827).

It boots up in rommon and I am not able to boot up IOS. I have tried to install a new image using TFTP, but I get the same error message when I try the tftpdnld command from rommon.

Has anyone got any ideas how to fix this? Any help would be very appreciated!

Regards,

Harald

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Harald

The error message about cookie is corrupt is an indicator that the IOS in flash has a problem. I can think of a couple of things to try.

First make sure that the image you are trying to load is correct for the hardware you are loading it on.

Second it may be possible that the load from Cisco to your TFTP server had an error. You might load a new copy from Cisco and try loading that new copy to the router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

sushilk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Harald,

Can you please provide the IOS version that you were using nad the IOS Version that you are trying to download.

Also when did the Router started giving this error.

The IOS version that is running on the router is 12.3.6c. I have sucessfully upgraded the ROMMON to the latest version, but that did not help.

Our test ADSL connection (using this router) just suddenly stopped working on Monday. When I logged into the router I had the error message.

I have tried searching for the error message on CCO and the Internet, but I cannot find any soulutions.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

Harald

Hi Harald,

I also tried to search for some bugs but didn't found anything regarding this issue.

Try uploading te image again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card