cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Port-Channel using Web Interface

Bobby P
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not much on using the CLI.  My question is if I use the Web access page for our Cisco 9300 catalyst switch to create a port-channel what is the default protocol?  Is it LACP or PAgP.  These port-channels will be used for connecting to Meraki switches which only use LACP.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Dear boby,
The default settings are LACP, but you can choice for PAgP without problem.
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

LACP is default, But when you configuring Meraki connecting to Live Environment bear in mind Spanning tree loops. ( make sure Meraki configured offline with different prioroty before connecting to Cat 9300)

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Link_Aggregation_and_Load_Balancing#Configuring_Link_Aggregation_between_MS_and_Cisco_Switches

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Dear boby,
The default settings are LACP, but you can choice for PAgP without problem.
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Thanks for the information.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

LACP is default, But when you configuring Meraki connecting to Live Environment bear in mind Spanning tree loops. ( make sure Meraki configured offline with different prioroty before connecting to Cat 9300)

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Link_Aggregation_and_Load_Balancing#Configuring_Link_Aggregation_between_MS_and_Cisco_Switches

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the feedback.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card