cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Crypto on Catalyst 3560-E

Matt
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3560-E on IOS version 12.2(37)SE1. It appears this is an IOS image without Crypto and thus SSH is not possible. What concerns must I be aware of before installing an image with Crypto?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Seb makes a good suggestion about the image to use and the most likely cause of not having crypto support. The original post asks this question "What concerns must I be aware of " and this is my answer. There are not any concerns that I am aware of about running a version with crypto support other than some (quite trivial) things like the fact that it makes the image size a bit larger. The version that Seb suggests is a bit newer than the version they are currently running and there is always the concern when you switch to a newer version that some things may have changed in some of the features that you are running.

HTH

Rick 

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Are you running a 'k9' image?

The recommend image for that switch is c3560e-universalk9-tar.122-55.SE12.tar

cheers,

Seb.

Seb makes a good suggestion about the image to use and the most likely cause of not having crypto support. The original post asks this question "What concerns must I be aware of " and this is my answer. There are not any concerns that I am aware of about running a version with crypto support other than some (quite trivial) things like the fact that it makes the image size a bit larger. The version that Seb suggests is a bit newer than the version they are currently running and there is always the concern when you switch to a newer version that some things may have changed in some of the features that you are running.

HTH

Rick 

HTH

Rick

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If you load the same version, but with the crypto feature set, as Rick notes, you shouldn't really find anything different, except the image being a little larger and being able to use SSH.

The version Seb suggests, often is considered about the most stable 12.2 version, so while looking to change the IOS image to support SSH, you might consider upgrading to it.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco