cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Curious why Show Commands display Load for Five Secs:

bret
Level 3
Level 3

I have been trying to find the answer but after my attempts failed I am hoping y'all can help. What commands are added to a switch/router to show the out put below every time I run a show command? After starting up a stack of new switches this output was not displaying the load. However, after applying my template the load is showing and I am curious what causes it to work.

Load for five secs: 38%/0%; one minute: 40%; five minutes: 40%
Time source is NTP, 15:27:03.581 CST Mon Jan 13 2020

This is displayed when I run a show running-config, show logging etc.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What firmware is the stack running on?

Thanks for responding Leo. This is not a problem and more of a I need to know situation. The switch stack is 2 - 2960X-48FPS-L and they were upgraded to 15.2(7)E0a.

Thanks!

fnatical1986
Level 1
Level 1

Any update on this one?  I'm getting the same message on a 2960S running 15.2.(2)E4.  Message isn't displayed when the show command is 'piped'.

It seems like you have exec prompt timestamp configured on the line. It will Capture date, time, and CPU automatically when running CLI commands during a session by enabling it for example

line con 0
 exec prompt timestamp
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
 login
 exec prompt timestamp
 transport input none
!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card