Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVR-x2-sfp v02 and WS-X4516-10GE

I have this Cisco Cat4507R, with two Sup V - WS-X4516-10GE

My question is if I can use the CVR-x2-sfp v02 that my client has purchased to be able to connect some 10GB SR SFPs. I would like to know if there is a command that I should apply for this since my client tells me that the cards do not seem to recognize them ... They will know if you need any special software version for the CVR-x2-sfp v02 to work with the SFP-10G-SR

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- For the Cisco side you can only use supported SFP models as listed in :
             https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?npf=103

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi,

So, i think from i understand Cisco CVR-x2-sfp are not supported here.

- No sometimes foreign SFP's may work , but it is not supported ,it does not matter if a remote 
    device uses them , and the Cisco stays on it's own supported 10G SFP => then it will work , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello @wladmirmendozandc ,

read the following thread

https://community.cisco.com/t5/optics-and-optical-networking/cisco-4900m-integrated-x2-ports-cvr-x2-sfp10g-and-sfp-10g-sr/m-p/1972410

it is about Cat4900M.

The key point looks like to have the CVR-X2 adapters and then the SFP+ installed on them

>> .Can we use integrated eight X2 ports of every of the both 4900M switches as plugging into four of them four convertors CVR-X2-SFP10G and to plug on every of the convertors sfp tranceivers SFP-10G-SR - as it is described on the diagram,

warning note: these are quite old optic modules so it is difficult to find info about compatibility.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card