cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dai ip arp inspection limit

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

We are using dai and the default limit of 15 pps is setting the port to err disable when the users are doing nothing more than using windows explorer to look through file shares. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what a reasonable limit would be?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 Replies 3

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jeff,

I wonder - what is the port that gets err-disabled connected to? Is it a common end host (perhaps a Windows workstation), or is there any kind of aggregation present - another switch perhaps? I do not think that receiving more than 15 ARP messages in a second from a single host is normal. I would believe, though, that the port gets err-disabled if it is a kind of uplink for multiple stations on which the ARP messages aggregate.

Best regards,

Peter

No these are just pcs. It happened to 3 different systems on Friday including mine.

I turned off proxy-arp on the Vlans allowed for these ports and re-enabled dai. I've yet to see an err-disable this morning so maybe that took care of it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hello Jeff,

Hmmm... Okay. Turning off the ProxyARP was a wise step to do. Let's see if that helps - somehow.

Best regards,

Peter

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card