cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default VLAN network is having frequent disconnection from network

sarath_10
Level 1
Level 1

In my office, we use no.of vlans for each and dept. and other companys. default vlan ip is 192.168.1.0/24 series. initailly we didint find any issues using no. of vlans,  but we are facing an issue in default vlan users alone, disconnecting from networks frequently, i found everything is working in other vlans.

i had checked my device, since i also faced the same. i found that autoconfiguration IPV4 is enabled, once i disabled in my laptop, i could get the connections.

i tried the same to end user also,but there i couldnt get it. Linux user also facing this issue.

Is the problem with the network switch or something else.

What will be the issue, kindly do help me to resolve this.

2 Replies 2

Martin
Level 1
Level 1

First off, what do you mean by the default VLAN? is this Vlan 1 your using or the Native vlan which  is 1 by default.

If this is the case you should create a new vlan and move the users to this vlan

Hello

@sarath_10 wrote:

In my office, we use no.of vlans for each and dept. and other companys. default vlan ip is 192.168.1.0/24 series. initailly we didint find any issues using no. of vlans,  but we are facing an issue in default vlan users alone, disconnecting from networks frequently, i found everything is working in other vlans.

Your post is very vague, it seems to suggest you are having intermittent connection drops for users in one specific vlan only ,And these intermittent  connections issues sound like dhcp allocation?

Can you confirm if this is correct and also when these users do obtain connection does everything work for them? 

Please share a topology diagram of your network if applicable?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card